|Before-And/Or After-School Programs |
- A low-cost after-school program (SACC) is sponsored by the Teaneck Community Education Center for children of working parents.
- After-school/evening/school vacation classes are available through the Teaneck Community Education Center.
- Extracurricular programs include Yearbook, Band, Orchestra, Homework Clubs, Jazz Band, Drama Club, Chorus, Student Council, Intramurals, NJASK 7 and 8 Prep Classes, Alpha Achievers, STEPS Mentoring for Girls, Environmental Club.
| Curriculum Components |
- Core/Encore programs allow for teacher collaboration and flexibility.
- Core subjects include language arts, social studies, mathematics and science.
- Encore subjects for grades 5 and 6 include the arts, world languages, health and wellness, remedial and special education programs, English as a Second Language and humanities enrichment.
- Encore subjects for grades 7 and 8 include dance and theater, chorus, band, orchestra, multimedia production, humanities, reading lab, math lab, public speaking/practical law, French, Spanish, art, GEPA prep, music through technology, creative writing, study skills, forensics, and more.
- Technology is infused in all subject areas.
- The library media center is connected to Destiny, our new, web-based, district-wide library browser. Destiny can be used from any Internet connected computer.
| Special Programs |
- Conflict Resolution and Collaborative Management are part of student life in the middle school.
- Students participate in Peer Mediation and Focus Groups as determined by school counselors.
| Student Learning Environment |
- Programs and structure permit students to grow, explore and assume greater responsibility in a nurturing environment that fosters intellectual, emotional, physical and social growth.
- Cooperative learning strategies encourage students to brainstorm, problem-solve and work on simulations and projects in small groups.
- Students in grade 6 are organized in math/science (AMS excepted) and again in English/social studies classes with a common teacher. Students have the opportunity to work with other teachers within and across teams.
- Students in the secondary grades 7-8 move to different teachers for each subject in their schedules.
| Parent/Family Support |
- Parents and family members are involved in the Parent Teacher Organization.
- PTO sponsors cultural programs and book fairs.